Wednesday, November 4, 2009

harry bloy, mla, called me a terrorist

you can read about harry's accusations here

hi harry's assistant,

i read in the burnaby newsleader that harry bloy thinks i'm a terrorist. and he said that in the legislature so it's in the permanent record.

i hadn't realized that expressing my opinions - asking my elected officials, who are paid with my tax money, to consider that health care and education and the arts and environment ought to be funded first and then, when there are no more children living in the streets, then it's time to spend money on fun and games ..... i hadn't realized that expressing that opinion is akin to terrorism. my mom always told me i have to clean up my room before i can go out and play. i guess she's a terrorist too?

so that's what those people in afghanistan are doing, those people labelled as terrorists? they're just like me, wanting the wealth of their society to be distributed among all so that those less fortunate, the disabled and elderly among them, might be offered an opportunity to live a dignified life?! and for that they're called terrorists, and they're bombed and murdered?!!

well thank you, harry bloy, for enlightening me. i guess that's why you pay yourself the big bucks.

and thank harry too, for calling me that name - terrorist - so it's in the hansard, the permanent record. i think i'll call my lawyer, now, and chat about defamation of character ....

you know, my mom also taught me to be a good houseguest. if i go stay at someone's house i don't just barge in, demanding that they simply remove anything i consider 'unsightly,' taking anything i want from their cupboards, leaving a big mess behind. when i stay at someone's home i consider their privacy and that i might be somewhat of an imposition even though i've been invited. i clean up after myself, and leave a nice gift behind. the olympics, according to my mom's standards, are lousy houseguests.

and here's what i don't get ..... if they've got all those corporate sponsors, why do they need our money? if they were to pay their own way and quit stealing from all of us (with harry's help - i don't remember voting for that), and clean up after themselves and leave a gift (for us, not for you) perhaps they'd be greeted more warmly from those of us "with limited intellect" whose friends are dying on the streets to make room for them.

namaste,

janine bandcroft, victoria
janinebandcroft.blogspot.com